My friends and I enjoy trying new recipes that are good nutritionally. These tasty muffins rely on yogurt and sour cream instead of oil. Everyone loves them!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine eggs, yogurt and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in strawberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry Streusel Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p177
Reviews for Streusel Strawberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review