- Whipped cream and additional cinnnamon, optional
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350°
- for 15-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in
- butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside.
- Place squash in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- tender. Drain. Transfer to a blender or food processor; cover and
- process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars, cornstarch and seasonings.
- Gradually beat in 4 cups squash, milk and eggs until smooth (save
- any remaining squash for another use). Pour over crust. Sprinkle
- with topping.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon if desired.
- Yield: 15-18 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 317 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.