Streusel Pumpkin Sweet Rolls Recipe
My sons love anything that tastes like pumpkin-including these yummy rolls. I can't think of an easier way to get vitamin A into them! —Julie Fehr, Martensville, Saskatchewan
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1-1/4 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-3/4 to 5-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the pumpkin, sugar, butter, salt and 4-3/4 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup.
- 4. Sprinkle remaining streusel over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges; press down lightly. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- 5. Cut each into 12 slices. Place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Sprinkle with reserved streusel. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 6. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 roll equals 285 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC