Streusel Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 4 to 5 tablespoons water
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, pecans and salt; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Divide dough in half. Roll out each portion to fit a 9-in. pie plate; place pastry in pie plates. Flute edges and set aside.
- 2. Combine pie mix, milk and egg; pour into pastry shells. For topping, combine brown sugar, flour, pecans and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 slice: 355 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Streusel Pumpkin Pie
"This pie was tasty. When a recipe makes 2 9 in pies, i use 1 deep dish and 1 regular plate. The batter was skimpy and so was the streusel. Next time I make them I will double everything."
"This recipe has become a family thanksgiving tradition ... they all love it!"
"YES I would make this pie again even though I changed it a little for my taste. I used a graham cracker crust. I added cinnamon to the filling and added more cinnamon to the streusel. I just love cinnamon. I have never been a measurer, I get a gut feeling as to how much recipes take. I have been wrong before but this time I wasnt. My fiance L-O-V-E-D this pie for his birthday. Thank you"
"Absolutly loved this recipe! Husband and I nearly fought over the last slice! Will make again and not just for the holidays! Made my own pumpkin pie filling with home canned pumpkin and homeade pumpkin pie spice (recipe found here at TOH) Very good tasting!"
"This is the pumpkin pie my family asks me to make each year. It is so good and a nice twist on the traditional pie recipe. Good served with some whipped topping of course."
"This pie is amazing and it is a favorite of my 8 year old sons to make...I wouldn't change a single thing about this recipe!"
"I've always loved pecan pie. So, pecans in the crust and pecan streusel topping -- that's all the temptation I needed to give this recipe a try. I added a tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice to the filling and it was wonderful."
"This is a good twist on plain pumpkin pie. My family really likes it and it has become our favorite fall pie. It is good with sweet potatoes, instead of pumpkin too."