Streusel Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 4 to 5 tablespoons water
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, pecans and salt; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Divide dough in half. Roll out each portion to fit a 9-in. pie plate; place pastry in pie plates. Flute edges and set aside.
- 2. Combine pie mix, milk and egg; pour into pastry shells. For topping, combine brown sugar, flour, pecans and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 slice: 355 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Streusel Pumpkin Pie
"This pie was tasty. When a recipe makes 2 9 in pies, i use 1 deep dish and 1 regular plate. The batter was skimpy and so was the streusel. Next time I make them I will double everything."
"This recipe has become a family Thanksgiving tradition ... they all love it!"
"YES I would make this pie again even though I changed it a little for my taste. I used a graham cracker crust. I added cinnamon to the filling and added more cinnamon to the streusel. I just love cinnamon. I have never been a measurer, I get a gut feeling as to how much recipes take. I have been wrong before but this time I wasnt. My fiance L-O-V-E-D this pie for his birthday. Thank you"
"This pie is amazing and it is a favorite of my 8 year old sons to make...I wouldn't change a single thing about this recipe!"