Streusel Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
More Pumpkin Muffins »
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the pumpkin, buttermilk, eggs, molasses and orange peel. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture just until blended. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Streusel Pumpkin Muffins(15)
Sort By :
These were so delicious, the streusel topping was amazing, although I made half without it and stirred in some raisins and they turned out just as great.
Only ingredient I would omit next time would be the orange zest, a little too citrusy for me.
I also made these without the molasses since I did not have any at hand.
Thanks for the recipe!!!
So tender and delicious - I think they are going to be my favorite pumpkin muffin. Use the greater amount of pumpkin pie spice in the recipe - it makes it so much more flavorful (I have made it both ways). Very good!
Everyone in my family loves these muffins!
This recipe is great. Everyone who had a taste of it, keeps asking for more.
Made these for my family because I had extra pumpkin in the refrigerator. I over beat them by accident, instead of hand mixing them, but they were still a big hit! Also, I had a lot of left over topping, so I'm going to half that next time. Very good overall! Will make again most likely