I love making this pie as a great way to enjoy summer's fresh peaches…with cream, of course! —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate and flute edges.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, flour and nutmeg. In a small bowl, whisk egg and cream. Pour over peaches; toss to combine. Place in crust. Bake 35 minutes.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over outer edges of pie, leaving center uncovered.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, covering edges with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Streusel Peach Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2010, p66
Reviews for Streusel Peach Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review