- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate and flute edges.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, flour and nutmeg. In a small bowl, whisk egg and cream. Pour over peaches; toss to combine. Place in crust. Bake 35 minutes.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over outer edges of pie, leaving center uncovered.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, covering edges with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Streusel Peach Pie
Sort By :
"Everyone at work loved this and asked for the recipe."
"Pie was good. As others said, the center of my crust did not completely bake. Think I will try a graham cracker or pecan crust next time:)"
"great recipe my family enjoy it a lot"
"I prebaked the pie crust for fifteen minutes and it was still a bit raw in the center. Next time I'll bake it until it's light brown, then add the filling and topping, covering the edges to prevent them from burning. The reason being that the filling is very watery and makes the crust soggy and doughy. I will also add a teaspoon of cornstarch to the flour mixture, hoping it thickens the filling a bit. Delicious otherwise. My mother used to make a similar pie recipe."
"I've never made a peach pie before....it is CUSTOMARY to put an egg in the filling ? I certainly never do with cherry or apple pies. Just wondering."