Streusel Nut Coffee Cake Recipe
Wherever I take this delicious coffee cake, everyone loves it. I've been making it for about 30 years. I work as a cook at a county jail and enjoy preparing food for a lot of people. —;Carol Roth,Uhrichsville, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:12-14 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 teaspoons instant chocolate drink mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour and baking soda. Gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, mixing well after each addition. Spoon half into a greased 10-in. tube pan.
- 2. Combine the walnuts, drink mix, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle half over batter. Top with remaining batter and nut mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 508 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC