- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 teaspoons instant chocolate drink mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour and baking soda. Gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, mixing well after each addition. Spoon half into a greased 10-in. tube pan.
- Combine the walnuts, drink mix, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle half over batter. Top with remaining batter and nut mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Streusel Nut Coffee Cake in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p41
Reviews for Streusel Nut Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 11, 2010
"This is one of the best Coffee cakes EVER!!! love it sooo much. i have made it as muffins also--just put a scoop of batter in a greased muffin tin, sprinkle with streusel, and top with more batter...very yummy!!!"