Streusel Fruit Bread Recipe
This recipe has been handed down through the years in my family. I scaled it down and the result is a delightful bread chock-full of dried fruits and nuts. —Robert Logan, Clayton, California
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; set aside. In another bowl, beat the egg, banana, oil, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pecans, cranberries and apricots.
- 2. Pour into a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. For topping, combine brown sugar and flour in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 mini loaf (6 slices).
1 slice: 265 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Streusel Fruit Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC