Streusel Fruit Bread Recipe
"This recipe has been handed down through the years in my family, so I scaled it down for this contest," writes Robert Logan of Clayton, California. The result is a delightful bread chock-full of dried fruits and nuts.
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; set aside. In another bowl, beat the egg, banana, oil, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pecans, cranberries and apricots.
- Pour into a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. For topping, combine brown sugar and flour in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 mini loaf (6 slices).
Originally published as Streusel Fruit Bread in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p33
Reviews for Streusel Fruit Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Banana Bread Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cranberry Bread Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >