Have a healthy appetite for a snack? Try these muffins with the zest of tart cranberries. The streusel topping sweetens them up just a bit, adding nice balance.
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, oil, honey and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and nuts if desired.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. For streusel, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over tops. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Oat Muffins in Country Woman February/March 2008, p33
Reviews for Streusel Cranberry Oat Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review