Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
Here's a moist coffee cake with a nutty streusel topping.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Spoon half of batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Add remaining batter and topping.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until done. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely. For icing, combine all ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 419 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC