Streusel Coffee Cake Mix Recipe
- COFFEE CAKE MIX:
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- STREUSEL MIX:
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine coffee cake mix ingredients; set aside. Combine the first four streusel ingredients; add pecans. Store both mixes in separate airtight containers in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (6 cups of cake mix, 2-1/4 cups of streusel).
- 2. To prepare coffee cake: In a bowl, combine 2 cups of cake mix, egg, milk and oil. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Combine 3/4 cup streusel mix and butter; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings per batch.
1 slice: 294 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Streusel Coffee Cake Mix
"I liked this so much I will use it for future gifts. I like the idea of using cooked apples too. Will try that in the future. I think peaches may work well also."
"Easy and moist we like so much we added the mix to our xmas baskets"
"This was very good and I did place some cooked apples under the streusel. very good."
"I simplified by using a frozen sweet bread dough. I only needed to let it thaw and rise and add the streusel. Family loved it served warm from the oven."
"this was great, moist and very tasty"