- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon half of batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Add remaining batter and topping.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until done. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely. For icing, combine all ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Streusel Coffee Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p33
Reviews for Streusel Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2013
"A little on the dry side. Any suggestions on how to make it more moist? Everybody said it was very good and I'm sure I will make it again. The streusel topping is delicious."
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2010
"First time I ever made a coffee cake, very easy and very good."