Strawberry Yogurt Smoothies
Sun-ripened strawberries are all the fruit you'll want in this basic-but-tasty beverage from Diana Leskauskas of Chatham, New Jersey. If you use fresh berries, she suggests setting aside a few to garnish glassful of the pretty pink drink.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups sliced unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar strawberry fruit spread
- In a blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients. Cover
- and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 153 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 fruit.