Toasted wheat germ adds good-for-you flavor to her fruity shakes. Honey sweetens this beverage while yogurt gives it a bit of tanginess.—Laurel Adams, Dryden, Ontario
Recommended: 15 Recipes to Make for Summer Pool Parties
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- In two batches, process all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Yogurt Shakes in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p15
Reviews for Strawberry Yogurt Shakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2011
"I used vanilla yogurt so no need for honey as it was sweet enough and I did not use almond extract."