Strawberry Yogurt Crunch Recipe
This is a very light and delicious dessert. It's a wonderful dish to top off a spring meal.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) strawberry custard-style yogurt or flavor of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, coconut and nuts. Remove 1 cup for topping.
- 2. Press remaining oat mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until light brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, fold whipped topping into yogurt. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 236 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC