Strawberry Yogurt Crunch Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) strawberry custard-style yogurt or flavor of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, coconut and nuts. Remove 1 cup for topping.
- 2. Press remaining oat mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until light brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, fold whipped topping into yogurt. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 236 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Strawberry Yogurt Crunch
"I have made this for Palm Sunday Brunch at our church several years now. I do put the reserved topping on a baking sheet and bake it in the oven for a few minutes-just to make it crunchy."
"I made this for my Sunday School breakfast and everyone loved it. I took what was left in to work and got the same response. Vey light and delicious."
"Seems like the 1 cup of reserved topping should have been baked crunchy... otherwise is too buttery."