Strawberry White Chocolate Tarts
White chocolate paired with sweet, fresh strawberries is a match made in heaven. The shortbread cookies make a wonderful buttery crust.Cynthia Wike, Charlotte, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottoms and up the
- sides of two greased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until
- golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place cream in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on
- high for 15-20 seconds or until cream comes to a boil. Add white
- chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room
- Pour filling into crusts; arrange strawberries over top. In a
- microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over
- tarts. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tart equals 737 calories, 52 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium,