Strawberry Wedding Bell Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough into fourths. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-in. round cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon jam in the center and spread to within 1/4 in. of edge.
- 3. Shape into a bell by folding edges of dough to meet over filling. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 115 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Wedding Bell Cookies
"The dough was easy to make, but at the time of baking the cookies open up, any suggestion in how to prevent this. Or any recepie sthat I can use the dough."
"I made these last night and found that the 2-in cookie cutter was too small. The cookies opened up while cooking. I ended up forming Empanadas instead, crimping the edges with a fork. They cooked much better and stayed closed! Used red plum jam instead."
"I liked working with the dough. It required 15 min. baking time, when rolled to the recommended thickness. Use ony 1/4 teas. of jam. It wants to bake out. Use a toothpick to secure before baking. Wants to pop open while baking. I'm trying to think what else I could use this dough for. There is no sugar in the dough. This could be a good base for other options. Maybe mini-chips."