- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough into fourths. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-in. round cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon jam in the center and spread to within 1/4 in. of edge.
- Shape into a bell by folding edges of dough to meet over filling. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Strawberry Wedding Bell Cookies
Sort By :
I made these last night and found that the 2-in cookie cutter was too small. The cookies opened up while cooking. I ended up forming Empanadas instead, crimping the edges with a fork. They cooked much better and stayed closed! Used red plum jam instead.
I liked working with the dough. It required 15 min. baking time, when rolled to the recommended thickness. Use ony 1/4 teas. of jam. It wants to bake out. Use a toothpick to secure before baking. Wants to pop open while baking. I'm trying to think what else I could use this dough for. There is no sugar in the dough. This could be a good base for other options. Maybe mini-chips.