To ring in a joyous occasion like a bridal shower or wedding, I'm often asked to make these festive cookies. You can use different flavors of jam to suit your tastes. —Laurie Messer, Bonifay, Florida
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough into fourths. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-in. round cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon jam in the center and spread to within 1/4 in. of edge.
- Shape into a bell by folding edges of dough to meet over filling. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry Wedding Bell Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p207
Reviews for Strawberry Wedding Bell Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review