Strawberry Watermelon Slush
Ripe for a refreshing treat? Try Patty Howse's fruit drink—it'll quench everyone's thirst sweetly. "We like to relax on the back porch after a long hot day with glasses of my slush," she writes from her Great falls, Montana kitchen.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups ice cubes
- In a blender, combine the watermelon, strawberries, sugar and lemon
- juice; cover and process on high until smooth. While processing,
- gradually add the ice cubes; process until slushy. Pour into chilled
- glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 89 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.