The nutrition department at my local hospital inspired me to create this refreshing summer sipper. I slightly tweaked their recipe to create this drink full of sweet-tart flavor. —Dawn Lowenstein, Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered (about 2 cups)
- 12 cups cubed watermelon (about 1 medium)
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Dissolve sugar in boiling water. Place strawberries and watermelon in batches in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour blended fruit though a fine mesh strainer; transfer to a large pitcher. Stir in lemonade concentrate, lemon juice and sugar water. Serve over ice. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Strawberry Watermelon Lemonade in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p219
Reviews for Strawberry Watermelon Lemonade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review