I enjoy using strawberries in a variety of ways, including featuring them in this pretty, sweet-tart dressing. —Carolyn McMunn, San Angelo, Texas
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Place the strawberries in a blender; cover and process until pureed.
- Add lemon juice and sugar; cover and process until blended. While
- processing, gradually add vinegar and oil in a steady stream;
- process until thickened. Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to a large
- bowl or jar; cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 31 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.