- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup strawberry drink mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons strawberry drink mix
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and lemon juice. Combine the flour, drink mix, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2- to 3-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over cookies; let stand until set.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, drink mix and salt until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Decorate cookies. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Strawberry Valentine Cookies
Sort By :
"I discovered the recipe in one of the TOH annual books and there were no notations about Nesquik. A "footnote" about the product that the recipe was tested with would have been helpful."
"I used Kool-aid and the cookies were too red and tart. If I made again, I would use the Nesquik as suggested."
"These were awful. The strawberry drink mix in the dough was extremely tart. Seemed like there was something missing from the recipe."
"Lovely soft cookies with a fantastic flavor, my family asks for these all the time now!"
"These are very good cookies. I did not modify any of the ingredients, but I did wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chilled it in the refrigerator. They weren't any harder to roll out and cut than any other sugar cookie recipe. I like the strawberry chocolate combination."