Strawberry Valentine Cookies
Start a new Valentine’s Day tradition with these pretty, whimsical cookies from Marna Heitz of Farley, Iowa. Strawberry is a perfect complement to the chocolate glaze.
24 ServingsPrep: 50 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup strawberry drink mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons strawberry drink mix
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and lemon juice. Combine the flour, drink mix, baking powder
- and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Cut with a floured 2-1/2- to 3-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place
- 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10