This light, refreshing salad from the CW Test Kitchen is the perfect antidote to heavy holiday meals. It's also a show-stopper, visually and nutritionally, with fresh strawberries and yellow pepper strips tossed with fresh baby spinach. The recipe is also a good use for turkey leftovers. Serve with warm whole wheat rolls or flax or bran muffins.
Recommended: 45 Super Foods for Your Brain
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups julienned cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 large sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, turkey, strawberries, yellow pepper and onions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Turkey Spinach Salad in Country Woman November/December 2005, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Strawberry-Turkey Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review