Strawberry Trifle Recipe
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 cups cubed angel food cake
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange peel on low speed until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Arrange a third of the strawberries around sides of bowl and over cake; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Trifle(52)
Sort By :
I have made this several times. A nice change up is to use the instant sugar free lemon pudding if you are using strawberries. I have also used the vanilla pudding as the recipe calls for and the cheesecake pudding that another reviewer mentioned. I always use cool whip instead of the heavy cream
It looks beautiful! Hopefully it's not soggy tomorrow, I used a little yogurt instead. And didn't have dry pudding, so I used two pudding cups and left out the milk. I'm sure it will taste great, it sure looks great!
Very easy to make and very elegant. I was a little apprehensive as I was serving to a professional chef and a former Bon Appetit editor among others for my July 4 BBQ.
This trifle got lots of raves from everyone.
Thank you Ms. Steiner and Taste of Home for sharing this recipe. It was a hit out of the ballpark.
loved the hint of orange
I loved this trifle! I usually use a white cake mix instead of angel food cake. I also once used a gluten-free yellow cake mix. I've made it twice with strawberries and once with a mixture of blueberries and blackberries. I always get compliments on this recipe and it always disappears fast. Everybody loves how light it is and how it's not overly sweet. I will definitely keep making it!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Berry Trifle >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >