- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 cups cubed angel food cake
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange peel on low speed until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Arrange a third of the strawberries around sides of bowl and over cake; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Trifle
Sort By :
This recipe is the BOMB! This was by far the best trifle recipe I've ever had. I did lighten it up a bit...non fat milk, lite sour cream, sugarless pudding, lite cool whip instead of whipped cream. I used pound cake instead of angel food which probably put some saved calories back in the recipe. No matter, this was THE BEST!
WOW.. I am more of a chocolate person but this was very good. The sour cream and orange peel gave it a different flare then just cool whip, pudding and strawberry's. I did use lady fingers and cool whip. ( :
Made this and oh my was it gone fast. It is so yummy. I will make it again and again
I made this today for a party and took home an empty trifle bowl! I received many compliments, particularly that it wasn't too sweet. I also like the fact that it wasn't too soggy, compared to other trifles I've had. I used pound cake and cool whip instead of angel food and whipped cream. 2 containers (16 oz. each) of strawberries was perfect (wasn't sure how many strawberries equalled 4 cups).
The only changes I'm making is to use real vanilla pudding. To go through all the trouble of making this is why I decided to do this.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Berry Trifle >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >