I won first prize in a dairy recipe contest with this tasty trifle. You can double the recipe and make two for large groups. —Norma Steiner, Monroe, Wisconsin
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 cups cubed angel food cake
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange
- peel on low speed until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Arrange a third
- of the strawberries around sides of bowl and over cake; top with
- half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining
- berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 375 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.