- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 cups cubed angel food cake
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange peel on low speed until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Arrange a third of the strawberries around sides of bowl and over cake; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Trifle
Sort By :
"This recipe is absolutely delicious! I coated the strawberries in sugar just because the ones I bought were a bit tart. Then I added a bit of sugar to the whipped cream mixture because my family likes their desserts on the sweet side. Great recipe, will be making again."
"I recently made this for a church potluck. I was a bit disappointed when the bowl was scraped clean before I had a chance to get some. Definitely a winner!"
"This recipe is the BOMB! This was by far the best trifle recipe I've ever had. I did lighten it up a bit...non fat milk, lite sour cream, sugarless pudding, lite cool whip instead of whipped cream. I used pound cake instead of angel food which probably put some saved calories back in the recipe. No matter, this was THE BEST!"
"WOW.. I am more of a chocolate person but this was very good. The sour cream and orange peel gave it a different flare then just cool whip, pudding and strawberry's. I did use lady fingers and cool whip. ( :"
"Made this and oh my was it gone fast. It is so yummy. I will make it again and again"