Strawberry Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch white pepper
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Just before serving, toss the salad greens, strawberries, cheese and walnuts in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 281 calories, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Tossed Salad
"My picky husband loved this salad. The sweetness of the strawberries with the tangy dressing was perfect."
"I've made this salad several times and get requests for it all the time. Love it."
"Loved this salad. I omitted the cheese and the nuts, added croutons instead. A definite hit at our table!"
"I love this salad but without the walnuts. I also prefer to omit the garlic."
"This is fantastic. The dressing is woderful. I make the dressing for other salads also."
"I chose this recipe for a funeral luncheon without ever making it before. The recipe was doubled and 5 batches served 100-125 people. Many asked for the recipe."