Strawberry Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch white pepper
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Just before serving, toss the salad greens, strawberries, cheese and walnuts in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Tossed Salad(5)
Sort By :
I've made this salad several times and get requests for it all the time. Love it.
Loved this salad. I omitted the cheese and the nuts, added croutons instead. A definite hit at our table!
I love this salad but without the walnuts. I also prefer to omit the garlic.
This is fantastic. The dressing is woderful. I make the dressing for other salads also.
I chose this recipe for a funeral luncheon without ever making it before. The recipe was doubled and 5 batches served 100-125 people. Many asked for the recipe.