- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch white pepper
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- For dressing, place first seven ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake until sugar is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Just before serving, shake dressing again and toss with salad. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Tossed Salad
"My picky husband loved this salad. The sweetness of the strawberries with the tangy dressing was perfect."
"I've made this salad several times and get requests for it all the time. Love it."
"Loved this salad. I omitted the cheese and the nuts, added croutons instead. A definite hit at our table!"
"I love this salad but without the walnuts. I also prefer to omit the garlic."
"This is fantastic. The dressing is woderful. I make the dressing for other salads also."
"I chose this recipe for a funeral luncheon without ever making it before. The recipe was doubled and 5 batches served 100-125 people. Many asked for the recipe."