Strawberry-Topped Waffles Recipe
Topped with a sweet strawberry sauce, these tender from-scratch waffles will make a breakfast or brunch truly special. This recipe is from Sue Mackey of Galesburg, Illinois.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream
- Additional strawberries, optional
- 1. Place strawberries and 3 tablespoons of sugar in a food processor. Cover and process until coarsely chopped; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining sugar. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- 3. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberry topping, whipped topping and additional strawberries if desired. Yield: 6-8 waffles.
1 serving (1 each) equals 368 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC