Topped with a sweet strawberry sauce, these tender from-scratch waffles will make a breakfast or brunch truly special. This recipe is from Sue Mackey of Galesburg, Illinois.
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream
- Additional strawberries, optional
- Place strawberries and 3 tablespoons of sugar in a food processor. Cover and process until coarsely chopped; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining sugar. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberry topping, whipped topping and additional strawberries if desired. Yield: 6-8 waffles.
Originally published as Strawberry-Topped Waffles in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p8
Reviews for Strawberry-Topped Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review