Strawberry-Topped Waffles Recipe
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream
- Additional strawberries, optional
- Place strawberries and 3 tablespoons of sugar in a food processor. Cover and process until coarsely chopped; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining sugar. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberry topping, whipped topping and additional strawberries if desired. Yield: 6-8 waffles.
Reviews for Strawberry-Topped Waffles(4)
Sort By :
Excellent recipe. I loved the strawberry topping. I would put less sugar in the topping next time though.
Light texture, fun and delicious. You don't need the whip cream or ice cream unless you want to eat these for dessert.
These were very good. Thank you! I hope you have more recipes! I did not try the strawberries because it is not that time of year for us, but using just butter was good.
I had sour cream to use up and decided to try this recipe. It is light and tasty. I used a regular waffle iron.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Strawberry Recipes >
- Strawberry Topping >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >
- Taste of Home Magazine Brunch Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >