Strawberry Tomato Salsa
Here’s a sweet and tangy salsa that's miles away from the spicy version people expect. Serve it as an appetizer with tortilla chips for scooping, or make it part of the main event and spoon it over white meat. —Amy Hinkle, Topeka, Kansas
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, strawberries, green onions and
- cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and salt; gently stir
- into tomato mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 41 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now