Strawberry Tomato Salsa Recipe
Here’s a sweet and tangy salsa that's miles away from the spicy version people expect. Serve it as an appetizer with tortilla chips for scooping, or make it part of the main event and spoon it over white meat. —Amy Hinkle, Topeka, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, strawberries, green onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and salt; gently stir into tomato mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 cups.
1/4 cup equals 41 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC