Strawberry Tofu Smoothies
“This is one sweet way to get more soy in my diet,” writes Debbie Stepp from Ocala, Florida. “It’s light, tasty, and I can take it with me in an insulated mug with lid and straw.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 4 ounces silken firm tofu, cubed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 45-60
- seconds or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 136 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 lean meat.