Strawberry Tiramisu Trifle Recipe
"We do a lot of entertaining," relates Tammy Irvine of Whitby, Ontario. "I like to make this easy trifle when I want to impress people. Berries make it different from a traditional tiramisu."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1-1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, room temperature, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 1. Set aside three strawberries for garnish; slice the remaining strawberries. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in 2 tablespoons coffee. Beat in pudding. Fold in whipped topping.
- 2. Brush remaining coffee over ladyfingers. Line the bottom of a 3-qt. trifle or glass serving bowl with half of the ladyfingers. Top with half of the sliced berries, grated chocolate and pudding mixture; repeat layers. Cut reserved berries in half; place on trifle. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup equals 256 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC