- 5 cups crushed strawberries (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- In a Dutch oven, combine strawberries and butter. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Immediately stir in thyme.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into nine hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 9 half-pints.
Reviews for Strawberry-Thyme Jam
"This was an excellent jam, some of the best I've ever tasted! My family felt the same way and I ended up making 24 jars to give as gifts, keeping many for myself of course... it is amazing what happens when you combine a minuscule amount of fresh thyme (growing on my desk) with fresh strawberries. It was easy to make, colorful, looks and smells fantastic- in other words, it's a 5-star keeper!"