Strawberry Tea Cookies Recipe
Using our make-ahead dough, Carolyn Klingensmith's four-ingredient cookies are easy, breezy delights. “They're so simple, but have that 'slaved over' look and taste,” she writes from Livonia, Michigan.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:10 servings
- 1 cup refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a small bowl, combine dough and almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Cut out the centers of half of the cookies with a 1-in. round cookie cutter (discard centers).
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Spread each whole cookie with 1 teaspoon of jam; top with remaining cookies. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 10 sandwich cookies.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC