Using our make-ahead dough, these four-ingredient cookies are easy breezy delights. They're so simple, but have the look and taste of cookies you spent hours making. —Carolyn Klingensmith, Livonia, Michigan
- 1 cup refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a small bowl, combine dough and almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Cut out the centers of half of the cookies with a 1-in. round cookie cutter (discard centers).
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread each whole cookie with 1 teaspoon of jam; top with remaining cookies. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 10 sandwich cookies.
Originally published as Strawberry Tea Cookies in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p54
Reviews for Strawberry Tea Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review