- 12 wonton wrappers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Whipped cream and fresh mint, optional
- Brush one side of each wonton wrapper with butter. Place brown sugar in a shallow bowl; press buttered side of wontons into sugar to coat. Press wontons sugared side up into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 325° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey and orange juice until smooth. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each wonton cup. Top with strawberries. Garnish with whipped cream and mint if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Tartlets
"My daughter helped me make these. They were so cute and delicious. I am going to save this recipe to make for my next gathering. Simple and beautiful dessert."
"Quick little desserts in no time at all. I had no Mascarpone so I used Cream cheese. If you want more of an Orange taste you may want to add some Orange Zest. The filling is light and creamy. And I love the way the baked brown sugar adds a nice crunchy Brittle taste to the bottom of the tarts. I would suggest cooling the tarts before filling.I also agree that theses should be prepared and eaten on the same day *Impressive and no one would guess how easy they are to makeJanieTaste of Home Volunteer Food Editor."
"One of my favorite desserts. I made for a few showers, always great reviews and even won best dish overall at work."
"My 15 year old daughter made these for us one night. She made a couple of changes because of what we had on hand. Didn't have mascarpone, so used cream cheese. She added a touch of vanilla also.. LOVED them. Ran out today and bought more to make some for 4th of July tomorrow.. Keep the great recipes coming!!!!"
"I made the wontons today and they turned out beautiful! I have covered them with alight weight towel. I will make the filling &strawberries on Monday to take to my group that evening. Question: Is it necessary to put the shells in the refrigerator before I put in the filling Monday afternoon. And once they are filled,will they get soggy if I placed the finishedproduct in the refrigerator until our group meeting?"
"These are great and easy to make. They can be made faster if you use the frozen tarts instead of the wonton wrappers. My guest loved them."
"Very tasty and pretty! I was throwing an Asian food themed party and could not find a good dessert! These were perfect, very rich however!"
"Made these for a baby shower....everyone loved them and asked for the recipe."
"These are elegant to serve, easy to make and taste unbelievably wonderful. No one can resist them. Make a quadruple batch because you will need it!"
"OMG Made this for my family and co-workers and had nothing left. Light and refreshing especially for summer. Easy to make."