This elegant-looking dessert is easy to make, and the cute wonton "cups" can be made in advance. They're a different way to present fresh strawberries when entertaining. The recipe is easy to double, too.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Whipped cream and fresh mint, optional
- Brush one side of each wonton wrapper with butter. Place brown sugar
- in a shallow bowl; press buttered side of wontons into sugar to
- coat. Press wontons sugared side up into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 325° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey and orange juice until
- smooth. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each wonton cup. Top with
- strawberries. Garnish with whipped cream and mint if desired. Yield:
- 1 dozen.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.