Strawberry Tart Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 1. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Spread melted chocolate over bottom of crust. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or until almost set. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cream and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over chocolate layer.
- 3. Arrange strawberries over filling; brush with jelly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove sides of pan before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 432 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Tart
"this was very good, however I did not add the chocolate and it tasted great"
"Tastes like a recipe from a master chef. My husband forwarned me that if I make one to take to a family gathering, I'd better make one to leave at home."
"I've made at least 4 of these delicious and beautiful tarts. It is fabulous!"
"Delicious. The chocolate added just the right touch."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.