Looking for the perfect ending to any summertime meal? Here's a swift-to-fix, creamy strawberry tart that boasts a crunchy chocolate layer tucked next to the crust. You could also make individual tartlets instead of one big one. —Dawn Tringali, Hamilton Square, New Jersey
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread melted chocolate over bottom of crust. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or until almost set. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cream and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over chocolate layer.
- Arrange strawberries over filling; brush with jelly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove sides of pan before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Tart in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review