Strawberry Tarragon Crumble
I created this special berry dessert with fresh tarragon from my garden. The pretty layers are laced with the tarragon’s mild anise flavor and a balance of sweet and salty ingredients. Yum! —Tamara Huron, New Market, Alabama
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers
- 8 chocolate-covered miniature pretzels, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Additional minced fresh tarragon
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, tarragon and orange
- juice. In another bowl, combine the graham crackers, pretzels,
- butter, honey and vanilla.
- In each of four parfait glasses, layer 3 tablespoons graham cracker
- mixture, 1/4 cup strawberries and 2 tablespoons whipped topping.
- Repeat layers. Garnish with additional tarragon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 321 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium,