"This pretty berry-flavored syrup is scrumptious, especially on homemade waffles," writes Sarah Carpenter of Trumansburg, New York. "Since I began making it, our three children prefer it over maple syrup."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- Waffles or pancakes
- Place strawberries in a blender; cover and process until pureed.
- Transfer to a small saucepan; add the sugar, corn syrup, lemon juice
- and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Skim off
- foam. Strain seeds if desired. Serve warm with waffles or pancakes.
- Refrigerate leftovers; warm before serving. Yield: about 1-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 67 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.