Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
This melt-in-your mouth delight is doubly delicious, with two creamy layers...one strawberry, one vanilla. To avoid cracking, run the knife just through the very top when swirling the strawberry puree.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pureed fresh strawberries, divided
- 8 to 10 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and lemon peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Pat dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour 2-1/2 cups batter into a bowl; set aside.
- 3. Stir 3/4 cup pureed strawberries and food coloring if desired into remaining batter. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
- 4. Carefully pour reserved batter over bottom layer. Spoon remaining pureed berries over batter in three concentric circles. Carefully cut through top layer only with a knife to swirl.
- 5. Bake 40-50 minutes longer or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 316 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC