Kids love the fruity surprise tucked inside these cupcakes. They really wow at parties, bake sales and snacktime. —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
- 1 package strawberry cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Halved fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream and eggs. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- Fill prepared cups half full. Drop 1/2 teaspoon preserves into center of each cupcake; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Pipe frosting over cupcakes and top each with a strawberry half. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes in Cupcakes & Mini Treats 2012 2012
Reviews for Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review