Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes
Kids love the fruity surprise tucked inside these cupcakes. They really wow at parties, bake sales and snacktime. —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package strawberry cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Halved fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In a
- large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream and eggs. Beat on low speed
- 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- Fill prepared cups half full. Drop 1/2 teaspoon preserves into center
- of each cupcake; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion
- comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire
- racks to cool completely.
- Pipe frosting over cupcakes and top each with a strawberry half.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake equals 228 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein.