Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes Recipe
Kids love the fruity surprise tucked inside these cupcakes. They really wow at parties, bake sales and snacktime. —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
- 1 package strawberry cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Halved fresh strawberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream and eggs. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- 2. Fill prepared cups half full. Drop 1/2 teaspoon preserves into center of each cupcake; cover with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Pipe frosting over cupcakes and top each with a strawberry half. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 228 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC