Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package strawberry cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Halved fresh strawberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream and eggs. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- 2. Fill prepared cups half full. Drop 1/2 teaspoon preserves into center of each cupcake; cover with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Pipe frosting over cupcakes and top each with a strawberry half. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake: 228 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes
"very moist cupcakes, however, once the cupcakes have cooled, the preserves in the middle turned into a big clump. so whenever you bite into it, it's sticky. But the cake portion is very good!"