Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes Recipe
Kids love the fruity surprise tucked inside these cupcakes. They really wow at parties, bake sales and snacktime. —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
- 1 package strawberry cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Halved fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream and eggs. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- Fill prepared cups half full. Drop 1/2 teaspoon preserves into center of each cupcake; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Pipe frosting over cupcakes and top each with a strawberry half. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes in Cupcakes & Mini Treats 2012
Reviews for Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2014
very moist cupcakes, however, once the cupcakes have cooled, the preserves in the middle turned into a big clump. so whenever you bite into it, it's sticky. But the cake portion is very good!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Filled Cupcake Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >