Kids love the fruity surprise tucked inside these cupcakes. They really wow at parties, bake sales and snacktime. —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
- 1 package strawberry cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Halved fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream and eggs. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- Fill prepared cups half full. Drop 1/2 teaspoon preserves into center of each cupcake; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Pipe frosting over cupcakes and top each with a strawberry half. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes in Cupcakes & Mini Treats 2012 2012
Reviews for Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2014
"very moist cupcakes, however, once the cupcakes have cooled, the preserves in the middle turned into a big clump. so whenever you bite into it, it's sticky. But the cake portion is very good!"